Important Update (8/20/17)
Hope all is well and we look forward to seeing you at the historic West Side Tennis Club tomorrow for all the festivities. We just wanted to let you know about an important change to tomorrow’s schedule of events - we have decided to move the Group Photo forward 15 minutes to 3:45pm with the picture being taken at 4:00pm after the solar eclipse is complete. We will also be placing a flyer in the player packets to not look directly at the sun from 1-4pm and also be placing warning signs around The West Side Tennis Club. Parents, please remind your children to not look into the sun anytime from 1-4pm.
A few other important reminders:
1) All White Attire: In keeping with tradition at The West Side Tennis Club, all “Little Mo” players must wear all white (shirts, shorts, or tennis dress) for the Group Photo, Player Parade, Opening Ceremony, practice, and matches during the tournament. Parents and coaches who are on court with players in practice must also adhere to the "all white" rule. This includes hats, visors, sweatbands, socks, warm-ups and outerwear including jackets and sweaters. A 10% colored trim is allowed. Shoes must be at least 50% white. The "all white" clothing rule will be enforced.
2) Passport/Birth Certificate: Please don't forget to brinog your passport or a copy of your birth certificate to Player Check-in at The West Side Tennis Club near the Rose Garden tomorrow. A copy of your passport or birth certificate is mandatory to play in the tournament.Check-in will be open any time from 12:00pm until 3:00pm. Information must be able to be read in English. There will be also be a fun tennis clinic with prizes for all “Little Mo” players with The West Side Tennis Club pros from 2:00-3:30pm on the club’s historic grass courts so please don’t forget to bring your racquet!
3) The Group Photo (REVISED TIME):Players will meet on Grass Court #2 for the Group Photo at 3:45pm. The photo will be taken at 4:00pm after the solar eclipse is complete. After the photo, please stay on Grass Court #2 to line up for the “Parade of Nations”. Please remember to wear all white for the Group Photo, Player Parade, and Opening Ceremony. Also, please bring a small flag representing your country to carry in the player parade.
4) Player Gift: It is a tradition with the "Little Mo" that players exchange a small gift with their first round opponent in singles. The gift should be $10 or less (wrapped or in a gift bag) and represent your city or country. The gifts should be exchanged before players walk on court for their first match. This is a fun way to meet a new friend on the first day and it will be a special memory for years to come. If you have a bye in the first round, please check at the “Little Mo” booth to find out with whom you will exchange gifts.
5) Player Party: A fun player party will be held at The West Side Tennis Club on Tuesday, August 22 from 6:00 – 8:00pm for all “Little Mo” players and parents. There will be a Beach Tennis tournament on the stadium court in addition to laser tag, music, face painting, balloon twister, and a video game trailer with Wii games. The party and dinner is "complimentary” for all “Little Mo” players. Parents, guests, and siblings (over age 3) will need to make a reservation to have dinner at The West Side Tennis Club. To make a reservation, please visit Matthew Cody at the “Little Mo” booth during Player Check-in or email firstname.lastname@example.org the name of your party and the number of people in your party (excluding players). The cost is $32 per adult and approximately $18 per child. We just wanted to let you know that this price has been set by The West Side and MCB receives no funds from this dinner.
6) First Match Times/Draws: Matches will begin on Tuesday morning, August 22 and will continue through Friday, August 25 with some larger draws being completed on Saturday, August 26. The draws and first match times will be posted online at www.littlemoforesthills.com after the Opening Ceremony tomorrow, no earlier than 7:00pm. Next day match times will be posted at the end of play each day, not before 7:00pm online. The Fact Sheet with the Schedule of Events is located on a tab at the top of the tournament homepage. Also, please check the homepage on a regular basis during the tournament for updates.
If you have any other questions about the tournament, please email Matthew Cody at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in Forest Hills. Wishing you all the best and see you soon!
Executive Vice President
Maureen Connolly Brinker Tennis Foundation