Important Information (8/10/17)
Greetings from the "Little Mo"!
Thank you so much for registering for the 6th Annual "Little Mo" Internationals in Forest Hills, New York from August 21-26. We are looking forward to seeing you soon at the historic West Side Tennis Club and previous home of the U.S. Open! To date, we have over 150 players from 18 different countries so it will be an exciting week meeting people from all over the world and seeing different styles of play.If you know any other players, coaches or friends who would be interested in playing, please send them a copy of this email and let them know that the registration is closing soon. To register, please visit the tournament homepage at www.littlemoforesthills.com. Thanks so much for your help in spreading the word!
We just wanted to let you know that the players in the tournament are listed on the tournament homepage online. Please click on the age division on the left side panel to view. If your player’s name needs to be changed on the tournament homepage (misspelling, wrong name, etc.), please email Matthew Cody at email@example.com and he will make the necessary changes. Please note if there 5 or less players in your draw by the time registration closes on Saturday, we will be using a Round Robin format with each player having at least 2 guaranteed singles matches.
The festivities will begin on August 21 with Player Check-in at The West Side Tennis Club from 12:00-3:00pm. Please plan to arrive by noon to check in and pick-up your player welcome bag under the Rose Garden tent. There will be also be a fun tennis clinic with prizes for all “Little Mo” players with The West Side Tennis Club pros from 2:00-3:30pm on the club’s historic grass courts so please don’t forget to bring your racquet!
Following the clinic, there will be a special Group Photo at 3:30pm on Grass Court #8. Players will then begin lining up for the traditional Player Parade at 3:45pm. The Opening Ceremony will start at 4:00pm with players parading onto the stadium court carrying their country flag. If you would like to represent a country other than the United States and it is not currently listed on your player’s GetCourtside.com account, please email Matthew Cody at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12 so he can try and order a country flag and country board for your child in time to carry during the parade.
We ask that all “Little Mo” players wear all white (shirts, shorts, or tennis dress) for the Group Photo, Player Parade, Opening Ceremony, practice, and matches during the tournament.In keeping with tradition, players must wear "all white" tennis clothes while on court for practice or for matches. Parents and coaches who are on court with players in practice must adhere to the "all white" rule. This includes hats, visors, sweatbands, socks, warm-ups and outerwear including jackets and sweaters. A 10% colored trim is allowed. Shoes must be at least 50% white. The "all white" clothing rule will be enforced. If you have a question about an item, please email a picture to email@example.com.
Matches will begin on Tuesday morning, August 22 and will continue through Friday, August 25 with some larger draws being completed on Saturday, August 26. The draws and first match times will be posted online at www.littlemoforesthills.com after the Opening Ceremony on Monday, August 21, no earlier than 7:00pm. Next day match times will be posted at the end of play each day, not before 7:00pm online. The Fact Sheet with the Schedule of Events is located on a tab at the top of the tournament homepage. Also, please check the homepage on a regular basis during the tournament for updates.
Some other important reminders and information:
1) Passport/Birth Certificate: Please don't forget to bring your passport or a copy of your birth certificate to Player Check-in at The West Side Tennis Club on August 21. Check-in will be open any time from12:00pm until 3:00pm. Information must be able to be read in English. All players will also need to sign a copy of the MCB Code of Conduct & Waiver Agreement. Your passport or birth certificate is mandatory to play in the tournament.
2) The Group Photo, Player Parade, and Opening Ceremony are mandatory. Players, please meet at the Grass Court #8 for the Group Photo at 3:30pm. After the photo, we will begin to line up for the “Parade of Nations” at 3:45pm. Please remember to wear all white for the Group Photo, Player Parade, and Opening Ceremony. Also, please bring a small flag representing your country to carry in the player parade.
3) Player Gift: It is a tradition with the "Little Mo" that players exchange a small gift with their first round opponent in singles. The gift should be $10 or less (wrapped or in a gift bag) and represent your city or country. The gifts should be exchanged before players walk on court for their first match. This is a fun way to meet a new friend on the first day and it will be a special memory for years to come. If you have a bye in the first round, please check at the “Little Mo” booth to find out with whom you will exchange gifts.
4) Player Party: A fun player party will be held at The West Side Tennis Club on Tuesday, August 22 from 6:00 – 8:00pm for all “Little Mo” players and parents. There will be an All Volley tennis tournament in addition to laser tag, music, and a video game trailer with Wii games. The party and dinner is "complimentary” for all “Little Mo” players. Parents, guests, and siblings (over age 7) will need to make a reservation. To make a reservation, please email Matthew Cody at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your party and the number of people in your party (excluding players) before Sunday, August 20. The cost is $32 per adult and approximately $18 per child. We just wanted to let you know that this price has been set by The West Side and MCB receives no funds from this dinner.
5) Practice Courts: More specific information about practice courts and how to reserve them at The West Side Tennis Club will be posted on the tournament homepage under “News” at the beginning of next week.
6) Stringing: Please visit the Pro Shop at The West Side Tennis Club for stringing information.
7) Doubles/Mixed Doubles: Rick Workman (Tournament Director) has posted information on how to register for doubles and mixed doubles on the tournament homepage under News.
8) Seeding: Please send Rick any seeding or ranking information at email@example.com by August 18.
9) “Little Mo” Results will count towards UTR and Tennis Recruiting ratings! MCB is excited to announce that the yellow ball results for all ages from the "Little Mo" Internationals in New York will count towards Universal Tennis Ratings (UTR only accepts yellow ball results). The Universal Tennis Rating System was created in 2006 in order to encourage and facilitate competitive matches between similarly rated players. For more information on UTR, please visit their website at https://universaltennis.com.
MCB is also excited to announce that the results from the Boys and Girls 12’s divisions in New York will count towards Tennis Recruiting Network (TRN) ratings. In 2004, the Tennis Recruiting Network decided to design their own independent weekly rankings using a head-to-head system. TRN provides weekly recruiting advice and ranking lists to junior players in order to identify the top players in the country for college coaches. For more information on TRN, please visit their website at www.tennisrecruiting.net.
10) Sponsors: We are so happy to welcome K-Swiss, Wilson, and My Game Solutions as sponsors of the 6th Annual “Little Mo” Internationals in New York. They will each have a booth at the tournament so please stop by to learn more about their new products and promotions!
11) Photography Services: We have invited professional tennis photographer David Kenas and his team to provide action photos during the tournament. David Kenas Photography will have a booth under the Rose Garden tent at The West Side Tennis Club. If you are interested in ordering photos of your player or a copy of the Group Photo, please visit their photo display booth under the Rose Garden tent. Please sign up early, as David and his team will be shooting by appointment only.
12) Videography Services: Game Smart Tennis will be on site to offer videography services including getting your match videotaped at the Tennis Club with match statistics and video analysis. Please stop by their booth and meet Petar Racic during the tournament for more information! All orders can be placed online at www.matchbox.tennis. Please visit their website for match analytics: www.gamesmarttennis.com.
If you have any other questions about the tournament, please email Matthew Cody at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in Forest Hills. Wishing you all the best and see you soon!
Executive Vice President
Maureen Connolly Brinker Tennis Foundation